If you’re looking to understand what is product management and what good product management looks like, then this is the guide for you.
We wanted to put together an ultimate guide to product management to give you the most important information you will need to distinguish what good product management looks like.
Here we have some video based resources that will give you the very ins and outs of what Product Management is. Make sure to watch it all and figure out your career path as you go along.
Basics at their Best
To begin with, one should understand that Product management is the practice of defining the “what” and “why” for the solutions that companies build. The solutions that are meant to solve customer problems.
These videos are going to help you understand Product Management better:
- Introduction to Product Management | What is Product Management?
- What is the Product Manager Career path?
- Product management fundamentals: 3 CORE PILLARS
- Product Manager Career Path: From APM to CPO
Learn about Strategising your Products
Once you have understood the basics, you need to learn about Product Strategy as a concept because it is an integral part of Product management.
Product management is a business strategy role. It is the function of business in technology, not the function of technology in business. Effective product teams are always aware of what the main goals for their business are and can tie their product strategy and work directly to the business goals.
Check out these videos to get an in-depth understanding of Product Strategy:
- What is Product Strategy? (Short version)
- What is Product Strategy? (Detailed version)
- 7-Step Framework to crack Product Strategy
Product Managers versus the rest
If you have ever wondered that the roles of Product management, Business Analyst, Project manager or Product marketing manager, are similar or are simply confused about the difference between them, we have few videos that extensively explain each role separately. Check them out:
- Product Manager vs Product Marketing Manager
- Product Manager vs Project Manager
- Product Manager vs Business Analyst
Top Resume Practices
Now once you have familiarised yourself with the domain of Product management, and you have the required qualifications to be a product manager, be it from a course at a university or an online course, you need to prepare for jobs.
Here are really great videos that will help you prepare your resume for the dream companies you want to apply to. With these tips, you have higher chances of getting shortlisted for the next stage of interviews, which we talk about after this. So check these video resources now!
- How to make a great Product Manager Resume
- Write an Incredible Product Manager Resume: 7 Golden Rules!
- Top 3 Product Manager Resume and how to avoid it!
- 3 Product Management Resume Tips if you have no prior experience
Nail the Product Management Interview
Everything comes down to the interview. Even if you have followed through with a perfect resume and gotten shortlisted, you need to impress your interviewer and make them hire you instantly!
This is the make or break stage! So what should you do?
This is why we have created such video resources specifically aimed at helping you get the right PM interview answers, including the exact kinds of questions you’re likely to be asked, and more. Check it out!
- How to Crack Product Management interview I Skills Required
- Product Manager Interview Questions (Interview tips & strategies)
- 3 Mistakes to Avoid in a Product Management Interview
Before you move forward with jobs and resumes, it is always best to know about the current things in the domain of Product Management which will boost your chances at upskilling.
Below are some videos that you must check out, before you head out to pursue your dreams!
- Is Product Manager the CEO of a Product?
- Gaps in Product Management Landscape
- Top 5 Product Management Trends in 2022
- Top 3 UI Design Tools for Designers in 2022
- What is Agile Product Management?
Product managers come from all walks of life. Some of them have a college degree (maybe even an MBA), while others didn’t attend college. Others have worked in the field for many years, while some transition from the outside.
So, there you have it. That’s a lot of information to digest, but it should help you better understand the product management field as a whole. If you want to become a Product Manager with the best salary, then you need to be at the top of your game.
At INSAID, we’re here to help you prepare for your next product manager job interview. We have a large library of interview questions and answers, a prep course, a mock interview platform, and more. Let us guide you on your journey from candidate to successful PM!
Now if you’d like to see more such blogs full of video resources, check out blog.insaid.