In a very short time, California-based startup, Airbnb has emerged as one of the most popular places to work among product leaders. In 2016, Glassdoor ranked Airbnb as the best place to work in the U.S. Valued at more than 100 billion dollars, it has redefined vacation experiences with its unique product offerings. And a key role in designing such innovative products has been played by Airbnb’s product team.
Intending to build disruptive products, Airbnb is always on the lookout for Product Managers across departments. So, If you’re an aspiring Product Manager, looking to develop products that foster a more connected world, Airbnb is the place for you.
To crack a Product Manager role at Airbnb you will have to undergo highly competitive and grueling interviews. A proven approach to prepare for such interviews is to practice commonly asked Product Management questions.
In this article, we have listed exclusive and focused top 15 questions asked at Airbnb PM interviews in the past. These questions will help you prepare and crack the Product Manager role at Airbnb. Earlier, we also shared an article on Product Manager interview questions for another highly valued startup, Uber.
Top Airbnb Product Manager Interview Questions
- How would you measure the success of the Airbnb online experience?
- Explain step by step how you will design an Airbnb experience in the app.
- As a Product Manager, how will you measure the satisfaction of Airbnb hosts?
- Design a strategy to improve checkout experience at Airbnb
- How would you go about designing furniture at Airbnb?
- Should Airbnb offer furniture retail services? Share your views as a Product Manager
- How will you design or enhance the way people find apartments?
- Devise a strategy for Airbnb during the Covid-19 pandemic
- What metrics would you track to measure the success of Airbnb Vacation Homes?
- Should Airbnb offer free tours? Devise a strategy for it.
- How would you improve Airbnb Plus Homes?
- Design a trip organizing app
- Design a new Airbnb Home Product
- How will you enhance the Airbnb reservation experience?
- Design a strategy to sell hotels on Airbnb.
Airbnb Product Manager Job Description
You can check the responsibilities and qualifications for a Product Manager, Marketing Technology role at Airbnb below. These requirements vary according to the role and department. However, this will give you a brief idea of what Airbnb looks in a candidate for a Product Management role.
Along with immense career opportunities and a competitive salary, Airbnb also offers its employees industry-best benefits. Check these benefits as advertised on Airbnb’s website in the image below.
We hope you found this article useful. Share your answers to these questions in the comments below. If you are just starting out in the field of Product Management, check out our Global Certificate in Product Management program, which will help you transition to your dream career.